ADGA is hiring an Electronics Technician to work in the electronics workshop that we manage for a correctional services institute in Kingston, Ontario.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensures that test equipment is calibrated on a regular basis as per an approved calibration plan.
- Restores systems by replacing faulty modules or components. Repairs faulty modules on-site when feasible.
- Makes necessary arrangements for modules to be repaired at the supplier’s plant or at contractor’s in-house repair facilities when repair is not possible on site.
- Records all maintenance and repair activities in the electronic maintenance information system (MIS).
- Maintains records showing all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including test results
- Prepares and submits reports to the institutional representatives as specified in this document. Institutional representatives may request frequent meetings to monitor daily activities and unusual issues/problems.
- Performs annual inventory check of electronic security systems, their major components and major spare parts. Reports anomalies to institutional representatives for resolution. Example: major spare parts have been depleted and system is now vulnerable without spare parts on site; or; new systems have been added but the required maintenance hand-over reports have not been submitted to NHQ
- Inspect and test items returning from repair facilities to ensure they are operational and meet relevant quality parameters, including incoming spare parts.
- Maintains clean working areas; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as published by the Institution.
- Provide Telephone Support to other Technicians when requested.
- Available for on-call services after regular hours as per the local on-call schedule.
- Submits reports to the Regional Supervisor.
- Proactively researches, and stays up to date with newly installed systems to be able to manage the equipment effectively.
- A minimum of a college degree from a technology program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with proven ability to perform the duties of the position may be accepted.
- Knowledge of Communications in GP test equipment, commercial and personal computers and their peripherals as well as MS Office Suite software experience.
- This position requires exposure to information that requires a security clearance. All applicants must meet eligibility requirements for contracting with the Government of Canada
Other "nice-to-have" Qualifications:
- The technician must be able to communicate his/her ideas clearly, and this requires good interpersonal skills in order to problem-solve and interact at the client site effectively.
- Decisions require clear conceptual thinking of complex technical situations; advice must be sought if uncertainty exists.
- Either the CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certifications are an asset. Certifications including Working at Heights (Fall Arrest), First Aid, Confined Space and WHMIS are all assets, as well.
- A very good understanding of RF, CATV, CCTV, PA/intercom and automated control systems is an asset.
We strongly support a healthy and productive work-life balance. This starts with a flexible approach to work, and policies designed to support employees through their day-to-day routines and major life events. For example, we offer a Maternity/Parental Top-Up (up to 52 weeks) and a Reservist Leave Top-Up (up to 180 days).
ADGA continuously strives to integrate advanced Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) approaches and practices into our work culture. Our employee-based DEI Committee explores activities and invites discussions that foster an environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and heard.
Above and beyond our commitment to offer a competitive base salary, ADGA has a company-wide profit-sharing plan for all full-time and part-time employees.
Comprehensive Benefits and Total Rewards
We offer a comprehensive benefit program, providing employees with the choice between base or enhanced plans. Depending on the plan, ADGA pays for Health & Dental, a Health Spending Account, Short-Term Disability, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Telemedicine service. Also offered: discounts on gym memberships, 5,000+ perks through Perkoplis, a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, and access to a wide range of other employee-centric services and savings programs.