ADGA is hiring a Project Manager to work on one of our long-term defence initiatives. The project manager will provide general project management oversight and support, assist in business planning activities, review and contribute to all project management documentation activities, provide advice on time, scope and budget for ongoing project activities, participate in and coordinate project-related meetings, and liaise and coordinate with other projects.
The Project manager will be performing and supporting the following tasks to ensure that the project achieves its objectives according to higher-level plans and schedules and within the allocated budget. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to project activities throughout the project’s life cycle, including producing and reviewing project documents and costing required for each project approval phase;
- Collating, synthesizing and summarizing project financial data, and preparing financial documents, using predefined formats and templates;
- Planning, recommending and coordinating project management activities including the financial, planning, and contracting aspects;
- Planning and organizing a project management office;
- Delivering briefings on progress and concerns of the project;
- Coordinating and preparing documentation in response to scheduled and unscheduled reports, returns and observations to update management on project progress;
- Producing draft project management briefing materials and documentation;
- Tracking and reporting the progress of projects on an ongoing basis and at planned points in time or progress;
- Engaging with stakeholders and other project managers to solve problems cooperatively;
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems;
- Coordinating, drafting and preparing formal project documents and reports for signature;
- Working with a variety of project management tools;
- Formulating and managing project plans by defining deliverables, identifying key milestones, reviewing project progress, and engaging in ongoing risk management;
- Coordinating and recommending project team activities in order to meet project objectives for content, quality, cost, and schedule;
- Monitoring the trajectory, progress and operations of the project against established goals, objectives and milestones;
- Ensuring management is provided with timely and accurate project information and status updates;
- Developing project controls and reporting procedures, and managing changes in operational plans;
- Conducting post-project reviews including documenting lessons learned;
- Tracking and providing recommendations for the management of project risks;
- Contributing to the organization's strategic and business planning initiatives;
- Recognizing and recommending action on, and providing support in achieving opportunities to combine professional resources through partnering arrangements (for example, multidisciplinary practices);
- Contributing to the development of the organizational vision and mission; And
- Any other tasks as needed.
The Project Manager should meet the following criteria.
- An Undergraduate or Post-Graduate level university degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Project Management, Business Administration or a suitable engineering or related technical field;
- Must have a valid Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification; and
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the last 9 years performing at least 8 of the following tasks:
- Working as a project manager for projects in excess of $1M per year expenditure.
- Preparing and presenting technical and management documents.
- Experience in stakeholder and communications management in a project context.
- Experience in project financial management for projects in excess of $1M per year expenditure.
- Experience in project scope management for projects in excess of $1M per year expenditure.
- Experience in project schedule management for projects in excess of $1M per year expenditure.
- Experience in project risk management for projects in excess of $1M per year expenditure.
- Drafting correspondence and making recommendations on the acceptance or rejection of deliverables.
- Preparing Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CDRLs) and Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
Since being acquired by Commissionaires Ottawa, ADGA has adopted the social mandate of Commissionaires to create meaningful employment opportunities and generate financial resources for veterans of the CAF, RCMP, their families, and fellow citizens who share a passion to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.
Depuis son acquisition par Les Commissionnaires Ottawa, ADGA a adopté le mandat social de Les Commissionnaires qui consiste à créer des possibilités d'emploi significatives et à générer des ressources financières pour les anciens combattants des FAC, de la GRC, leurs familles et leurs concitoyens qui partagent la passion de contribuer à la sécurité et au bien-être des Canadiens.