ADGA is hiring a Senior Technical Writer to provide the following services on the implementation of Telecommunications, Networks, and other Information Technology Transformation initiatives:
- Develop and provide a coordinated and integrated project communications plan;
- Advise, write and edit internal and external communication products (ie user communiqués) related to the project;
- Plan, draft and edit communications material including presentations, web content, promotional material, fact sheets FAQ’s etc.;
- Write, design, develop and provide Power Point presentations;
- Document the following:
- Help text;
- User manuals;
- Technical documentation; and
- Web page content/GCPedia;
- Review documentation standards and the existing project documentation;
- Support the design of the layout of the documents/manuals;
- Monitor and ensure the updating of existing project documentation and the accuracy of the information collected by making direct use of the material being documented;
- Lead the design of the layout of the documents/manuals;
- Liaise with technical staff to gather information concerning the features and functions provided by their organization;
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure technical writing services are meeting the needs and expectations of users in order to achieve project goals;
- Provide various draft outlines for products for discussion with management; and
- Deliver final versions of plans, communiqués and other related documents as specified in the applicable Task Authorization Form.
- A university undergraduate degree OR a two-year college diploma/certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in English, Literature, Journalism OR any other related field.
Seven (7) years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years documenting ALL of the following:
Seven (7) years of experience in gathering information about IM/IT features and functionalities and preparing statements and communication for dissemination to end users.
Five (5) years of experience within the last ten (10) years in writing any TWO of the following:
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience in writing technical documentation in an IM/IT environment within the last five (5) years, for any of the following federal government departments and/or Crown Corporations:
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA);
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
- Communication Security Establishment (CSE);
- Department of National Defence/Canadian Armed Forces (DND/CAF).
- Five (5) or more years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years, in designing and writing communication plans for Government of Canada organizations.
- Five (5) or more years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years in the writing, editing and proofreading of complex technical documentation for Government of Canada organizations.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.