ADGA has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Network Support Engineer. In this role the successful candidate will work within a team of peer system management staff building servers and follow and/or create connectivity diagrams for servers and networks. To be successful in this role we are looking for a candidate who has good knowledge and experience with Cisco and Dell routers, switches and servers as well as AD management, Microsoft SCCM and Windows OS. This role will work out of our Ottawa and Gatineau offices and there is additional travel required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience working in a technical role with the last 5+ years focused in Networking
- Graduated from a recognized College or University with a degree or diploma within a STEM field (Network, software, computer, systems, electrical, or a suitable engineering or technical field)
- 5+ years of experience working with Cisco and Dell switches and routers (Putty) and Cisco and Dell servers (VMware)
- 5+ years of experience configuring router and switches
- 5+ years of experience with AD Management, Microsoft SCCM and Windows OS
- Follow in detail documents to build, maintain, troubleshoot other windows-based servers (ie. Openfire, McAfee, DPM, etc)
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- High level of attention to detail in implementing technical instructions
- Apply a good level of knowledge of Command Prompt functions. (i.e.: ipconfig /all)
- Apply a basic knowledge of Linux language and servers (CMS, CUCM, VCSA)
- 4+ years of experience in the preparation of technical concept documents, system specifications, and technical proposals in the field of Information Technology / Information management or engineering.
- There will be travel, delivery, testing and training when delivering servers with this role.
Any of the following experience will be considered a strong asset:
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical role for Military C4ISR systems
- Working on GoC/DND network support projects
- Canadian Army Signals experience
- Specific experience/knowledge with the following list of tools, systems, applications and/or equipment:
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- Public Key Infrastructure
- MS SharePoint
- MS SCOM
- MS Data Protection Manager tools
- Cisco products (CUCM, CMS, IP communicator, servers)
- VMware products (ESX hypervisor, VCS, Ovftools, converter)
- Dell products (servers, NAS)
- Packaging Tools: ansible/docker/Kubernetes/SCCM/ODT
- Must currently hold or be eligable to obtain a Federal Governement clearance at the level of Secret (Level II) and other clearances as required.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.