ADGA is hiring an Electronics Technician to work in the electronics workshop that we manage for a correctional services institute in Kingston, Ontario.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensures that test equipment is calibrated on a regular basis as per an approved calibration plan.
- Restores systems by replacing faulty modules or components. Repairs faulty modules on-site when feasible.
- Makes necessary arrangements for modules to be repaired at the supplier’s plant or at contractor’s in-house repair facilities when repair is not possible on site.
- Records all maintenance and repair activities in the electronic maintenance information system (MIS).
- Maintains records showing all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including test results
- Prepares and submits reports to the institutional representatives as specified in this document. Institutional representatives may request frequent meetings to monitor daily activities and unusual issues/problems.
- Performs annual inventory check of electronic security systems, their major components and major spare parts. Reports anomalies to institutional representatives for resolution. Example: major spare parts have been depleted and system is now vulnerable without spare parts on site; or; new systems have been added but the required maintenance hand-over reports have not been submitted to NHQ
- Inspect and test items returning from repair facilities to ensure they are operational and meet relevant quality parameters, including incoming spare parts.
- Maintains clean working areas; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as published by the Institution.
- Provide Telephone Support to other Technicians when requested.
- Available for on-call services after regular hours as per the local on-call schedule.
- Submits reports to the Regional Supervisor.
- Proactively researches, and stays up to date with newly installed systems to be able to manage the equipment effectively.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian and woman-led company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.