ADGA has a current opening for a Senior Systems Architect. The successful candidate will assist with the Software Systems (SwS) Engineering Management Plan (EMP) from a methods, tools, training, and process root cause analysis perspective and maintain awareness of systems engineering and software engineering activities within and outside of the section specific to the Gateway. This role will be responsible for implementing and improving the Software Systems (SwS) engineering technical architecture implementations and technical management processes via the SwS EMP and Repository Based Tools (RBTs). This includes implementation of the major SwS engineering frameworks. Frameworks include standards, processes, activities, methods, tools, templates, and artifacts, in support of baseline management, such as:
- DOORS RBT SwS Requirements Engineering Framework (REFW);
- QLM/EA RBT SwS Architecture and Design Engineering Framework (ADEFW); and
- Tool TBD RBT SwS Integration and Verification Engineering Framework (IVEFW).
- Includes training and mentoring team members in these areas.
- Conducting root cause analysis in support of Gateway engineering activities to provide recommendations on improving technical architecture implementations and technical management processes.
- Must have 10+ years working as a System Architect defining data architecture for one of the following systems: military, intelligence-led business operations, critical infrastructure protection, emergency services, crisis management system or similar system.
- Must have 10+ years of experience gathering requirements for complex systems
- Must have 10+ years Analyzing, designing and/or implementing system management solutions (tools and processes) for communication & information systems and/or ISTAR systems
- Must have 10+ years of experience in system management solutions (tools and processes), system integration, verification and validation, for hardware and software components (COTS and/or custom developed) in new or existing communication & information systems
- Must have 8+ years of experience preparing technical concept documents, system specifications, and technical proposals in the field of Information Technology / Information management or engineering (i.e. System, software, computer, communication, security, or simulation) experience
- Must have 8+ years of experience Communicating information technology frameworks/strategies to management and technical staff.
- Must have 8+ years of experience Communicating system engineering direction for projects or systems.
- Must have 8+ years of experience Providing advice, guidance and recommendations on technical issues to support the decision-making of senior management.
- Must have 8+ years of experience Leading multidisciplinary teams in the development of IT tactical systems, frameworks or strategies.
- Must have 8+ years of experience Performing strategic, operational or tactical planning for projects or systems to meet corporate strategy.
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree in network, software, computer, systems, electrical, or a suitable engineering or technical field from a recognized University
- Must currently hold or be eligible to obtain a Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance, Controlled Goods and VCR.
It will be considered a strong asset to have experience completing any of the tasks above while working in the following environments:
- Command and control communication and information systems within a distributed platform environment
- Command and control communication and information system within a Client/Server environment
- Military ISTAR systems;
- Joint or Allied C4ISR Interoperability solutions using NATO Standardization Agreements
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.