ADGA has a current opening for an Intermediate Systems Specialist. Within this role the successful candidate will work within a team to develop and maintain a system that enables effective command and control and situational awareness for Canadian Army commanders and staff. This project provides the technical and engineering subject matter experts support with ongoing development and maintenance work for all components and capabilities of the system.
- Work in the system development staff and team in building/integrating applications/tools
- Review, analyze, and provide recommendation on software, software components and associated documentation and applications interface documentation.
- Recommend software related system level solutions for discrepancies, deficiencies, and changes to equipment and specifications.
- Liaise with software development and application technical groups to ensure system integrity, performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Provide software and application integration, analysis, and evaluation support.
- Prepare the planning and procurement support documentation for software and applications.
- Conduct design, technical, and management reviews to monitor, advise, and report on progress and potential problems.
- Conduct and/or witness software integration testing and evaluation.
- Conduct technical definition studies and options analysis
- This role will require travel, fielding support, testing, and training when delivering applications
- 4+ years of experience as a Systems Specialist
- Completion of a STEM Bachelor’s degree in network, software, computer, systems, electrical, or a suitable engineering or technical field
- 4+ years of experience in the preparation of technical concept documents, system specifications, and technical proposals in the field of IM/IT or engineering.
- Demonstrated work experience in system integration, verification and validation, for hardware and software components (COTS and/or custom developed) in new or existing systems
- Experience communicating information technology frameworks/strategies to management and technical staff.
- Experience communicating system engineering direction for projects or systems.
- 4+ years of experience providing advice, guidance and recommendations on technical issues to support the decision-making of senior management.
- 4+ years of experience participating in multidisciplinary teams in the development of IT tactical systems, frameworks or strategies.
The following will be considered strong assets:
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience as a System Specialist on Military systems.
- Demonstrated work experience in planning, configuring, employing and managing command and control communication and information systems in a distributed platform environment or within a client/server environment, or ISTAR systems.
- Demonstrated work experience in identifying and resolving complex communication and information system and/or ISTAR system problems.
- Demonstrated work experience in designing and/or implementing solutions for communication and information systems or ISTAR systems.
- Demonstrated work experience in life-cycle management of tactical communication and information systems, or ISTAR systems.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.