ADGA Group is currently looking for a Network Security Engineer to join a major Defence project that we have been working on for many years!
- Provide technical advice for network security and infrastructure specifically pertaining to but not limited to the Enterprise Information System (EIS) and networks and any other network under system admin and management by our team.
- Liaise with architects and designers to align network development efforts pertaining to security and infrastructure with security policy and procedure requirements.
- Advise staff on problem reports, enhancements, and associated designs to be considered as part of maintaining a secure network posture for present and future planned networks.
- Advise on work priority to ensure a stable and robust secure network posture are maintained and approved high value enhancements are implemented.
- Participate and advise in technical investigation for improving the network security posture or regarding any degradation/infractions of the security posture.
- Implement network security and infrastructure upgrades and repairs as required.
- Advise and assist on security qualification activities.
- Provide advice in the field of system security theory and application.
- Advise and assist in representing the Software Engineering Facility regarding network security and infrastructure at various forums as required.
- Review Change Requests and associated systems engineering activities and provide advice on impact and technical feasibility/impact on network security and infrastructure.
- Participate in Steering Committees, Architecture Working Groups, and planning sessions.
- Provide guidance and advice for the roll out transition of new security capability and/or network infrastructure.
- Provide the Software Engineering Facility Staff with support and advice on network security and infrastructure capability planning, fielding, training, maintenance, evolution, and project management.
- Secondary duties:
- Advise other sections on network security.
- Support and participate in network trials and exercises.
- Other tasks as directed by the client or tier designated authority.
- Work arrangements: hybrid (combination of on-site and remote)
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and presentation skills are essential.
- Technical Experience (as many as possible of the following, in order of priority)
- Security Monitoring and Incident Response
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Vulnerability Assessment
- MS Windows OS Security
- Endpoint Security (McAfee)
- Firewall configuration and management
- Switching/Routing configuration/design
- Active Directory management and security
- VMware vSphere and vCenter infrastructure management and security (vMotion, HA, VSAN clustering experience)
- Microsoft OS (server, workstation) lifecycle, administration, and security
- Linux OS family
- Physical server and storage infrastructure
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.