For those who dream of advancing our understanding of Planet Earth and participate in space exploration, ADGA Group Consultants Inc. offers exciting opportunities in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, multi-sensor data fusion, spacecraft engineering, and Augmented Reality.
Space is a privileged vantage point to measure climate change and monitor the impact of human activity. Our R&D efforts target future missions with a view to measuring soil moisture from space (and assess the danger of forest fire), the amount of snow on the ground (for Spring flood prediction), the health of our boreal forest (chlorophyl activity) and too many good ideas to enumerate here.
Candidates are encouraged to provide specific examples of experience (academic, extracurricular, employment).
You are an innovative thinker with superior interpersonal skills. You are excited by unique possibilities opened by Artificial Intelligence as well as the opportunity to mentor a diverse team of AI/ML experts. Under your guidance, they will continue to develop AI-powered software for Earth Observation in a cloud-native, microservice environment. You will be working with a wide range of technologies such as Python, Kubernetes, Docker, and TensorFlow.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology, in particular Space and Machine Learning. She/he is self-starter who brings original ideas and dedication to solving urgent real-world problems.
- Has a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or equivalent experience;
- Is a solid problem solver with a track record of originating and/or delivering technological innovations;
- Demonstrates a passion for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and software development;
- Explores exciting new applications for TensorFlow AI in data fusion for Earth Observation;
- Has mastered the design and prototyping of software in a cloud-native, microservice environment;
- Leads daily scrums, provides guidance to junior colleagues and tracks progress against a well-defined plan,
- Champions good software development practices, including leading code reviews
- Assists in the maintaining of process documentation for ADGA’s ISO certifications
- Participates in business development activities, industry forums and conferences, and generally contributes to increasing the visibility of ADGA’s AI/ML work;
- Writes technical proposals in response to public tenders, and/or suggests new initiatives to be funded through internal/external sources like MITACS, IDEaS, SIF etc.;
- Writes job descriptions, performs interviews, selects and mentors new employees.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate most of the following skills:
- Affinity for problem solving and innovation
- Strong programming skills across multiple languages, (especially: Python, TypeScript, Java)
- Strong interest in Machine Learning (TensorFlow)
- Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker) and in the deployment of containerized applications (Kubernetes)
- Experience leveraging open source software, up-to-date knowledge of technology trends and software development toolchains
- Thorough understanding of Linux command line
- Familiarity with Information Technology / System Administration tasks including networking, virtualization (VMWare ESXi) and workstation administrator tasks (Windows)
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in an environment with dynamic/shifting priorities
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams
- Professional level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Broad-based understanding of the current state-of-the-art across multiple Space domains, especially Earth Observation, Space Situational Awareness and Space Health
- Be able to hold and maintain a government secret clearance
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.