Position Title: Technical Advisor
Region: Ottawa, ON
Employment type: Full-time
Security Clearance: Secret
Reference Number: 37154
Extravision (a member of the ADGA Group) is a prestigious Canadian company in the business of providing clients with customized and effective security integration for over 20 years.
Our clients in both government and private sector entrust us with their most critical assets, and we are proud to be protecting some of Canada’s most strategic sites.
We are currently looking for top talent to join our team in Ottawa as Technical Advisor. Reporting to the Regional Supervisor, the Technical Advisor will work at client sites - subject to strict security protocols, while providing service to support the integrity of security systems and general equipment repairs.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the most current installation, testing, and termination procedure for various components of electronic security systems.
- Install, test, maintain and upgrade electronic security systems, access control devices, and CCTV systems; to include both equipment and infrastructure.
- Programming, commissioning and troubleshooting systems at client site.
- Documenting services executed, performing scheduled preventive maintenance, and supporting sales.
- Familiar with and cares for the various types of materials, hand/power tools needed to complete tasks.
- Recognize and provide immediate solutions for onsite changes in system integrations in the construction of buildings from start to closure.
- Reading building electrical blueprints, schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Work with other Technicians to run wires and install peripheral devices in accordance with instructions of devices.
- Develop and maintain as-built annotations to project drawings, proficient in proper installation of structured cable systems, outlets, jacks, and capable support systems as well as working knowledge of fiber optic and copper cable terms and concepts.
- Maintain clean working area; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Minimum of College Diploma from a Technologist program or equivalent. A combination of education and work experience with proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.
- A+, working at heights, first aid, confined spaces, CCQ for work in Quebec.
- English essential except for Quebec (French essential). Bilingualism is an asset.
- Secret clearance required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and customer service experience.
- Successful candidate must have a strong technical background and skilled in the most current installation, testing, termination, and maintenance procedures for electronic security systems devices, access control devices, intrusion detection, perimeter fencing, automated gate and CCTV systems at commercial/government facilities.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work with crews and independently with little or no supervision required.
- Able to work fro ladders, lifts, manholes, confined spaces and bucket trucks up to 30ft.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program! ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, please contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.