Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37178-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager - Level 3 for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our client in the financial sector is leading a project to support the delivery of various IT initiatives under the general direction of the Director, Delivery Enablement Office. This will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Lead medium and large capital purchase and implementation projects and provide advice and guidance to others on matters relating to project management practices and methodologies
- Meet the project objectives within quality, time and budget targets and manage the associated risks
- Act as a central point of contact for all Project Resources and Subject Matter Experts. Use project scheduling and control tools to manage project plans and report on project hours, budgets and expenditures
- Provide a full range of project management expertise, developing plans and tracking mechanisms to ensure appropriate follow-up and completion of tasks
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation, executive briefings and records of decisions, while ensuring completeness and consistency aligned with the client’s document-management policies
- Provide leadership to a project team in a matrix organization
- Produce deliverables related to project milestones
- Collect, assess and prepare background materials for workshops, meetings and presentations
- Track and coordinate change notices, requests and modifications to project documentation, including, but not limited to, naming conventions, versioning, templates, etc.
- Assist Project Resources in the drafting and issuance of project deliverables and associated documentation to stakeholders and follow-up for input and feedback
- Maintain collaborative relations with all members of the project teams, including all stakeholders, to support the successful delivery of the project’s objectives
- Promote an Agile mindset and Agile ways of working to enhance team effectiveness
- University Degree or College Diploma in business administration, or a related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of recent work experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or an equivalent of 2,000 hours of project management work
- Agile certifications
- Demonstrated project management experience of technical Information Technology projects, preferably Infrastructure and/or Data related initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently and effectively manage interdependencies
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile delivery environment
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.