Region: National Capital Region (NCR)
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Employment type: Full-Time
Job ID: 37095-SB
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Senior PKI Specialist for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Analyze existing services, propose, design, develop and implement improved security controls and safeguards in accordance with government security policies and standards
- Conduct development of selected Identity Management, PKI and related sub-services and applications;
- Design, Develop and maintain strategies for end-point management using Certificate Management techniques and tools;
- Support operations and security within the service environment as required; and
- Other related activities as determined by the SSC Authorities.
- Candidate must hold a valid Top Secret Clearance.
- University Degree in any discipline, with ten (10) years cumulative experience in providing IT Security Services for the Government of Canada; or a minimum of 15 years cumulative experience providing IT Security Services on Classified (Secret or Top Secret) projects or solutions.
- A minimum of five (5) years cumulative experience in the last 15 years providing IT Security Services on Classified (Secret or Top Secret) projects or solutions.
- Experience in the provision of the following:
- Review existing PKI policies, standards, guidelines and procedures and provide advice as to their appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Review and analyze the application of PKI architecture, considering operational impacts and certificate usage;
- The engineering of IT Security solutions to meet Government of Canada ITSG-33 security controls;
- Conduct PKI related reviews of backup and recovery plans;
- Investigate PKI related incidents and report cause and related weaknesses and recommend remedies;
- Provide advice on PKI aspects of application systems under development;
- Integrate the use of PKI digital certificates into an overall Identity Management and Access Control system for Single Sign-On (SSO);
- Leverage PKI certificates to enable additional security functionality that meets Secret Medium and/or High Assurance requirements.
- Must have a minimum of 36 months experience providing PKI related IT Security technical consulting
- Minimum 18 months experience with the provision of technical IT Security consulting services that employed the following key technologies:
- Thin client architecture;
- High Assurance PKI CA;
- FIPS compliant second factor smart card system;
- Desktop and Application Virtualization services;
- Server Virtualization;
- VSS (Virtual Switching System);
- Secure Information exchange Gateway;
- Remote Access Services;
- VoIP Services;
- Unified Communications Services;
- High Availability Services;
- Disaster Recovery Services.
- Minimum 12 months experience in IT Security Consulting services on a Classified (Secret or Top Secret) Government of Canada IT System making use of
- Type 1 Crypto
- Classified Document Management System
- Converged virtualization technology
- Enterprise Data Loss Prevention and deep content inspection technology.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.