Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Oracle Database Administrator (development) for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Perform database administration tasks including but not limited to, database recovery and restores, backup, installation, creation of databases, database refresh, etc.
- Manage and monitor the allocation of storage, processor and network resources to all database management systems and their associated user communities; and manage user account profiles, and takes steps for ensuring database security and availability including database back-up and recovery.
- From a database perspective, represent the team in discussions with clients and technical staff to explain issues of a technical nature or to resolve technical issues.
- Provide expertise to support decision on improvements within the area of database design and administration including technical and user support, capacity and performance planning, database development and problem management.
- Participate on project teams and working groups in the development, testing and implementation of changes to departmental data administration and database frameworks, standards, programs and management plans.
- Implement Database releases for all in house and COTS applications to the production environments. (CHG implementation to PROD).
- Possess a minimum of 10 years experience as a database administrator.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years work experience writing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience as a DBA developing and defining new database structures, database conversion strategies, and database conversion specifications for technology projects for Federal government departments/agencies/ organizations.
- Experience as a DBA developing PL/SQL scripts, stored procedures and packages.
- Experience as a DBA using Defect Tracking Tools, such as Test Track Pro (TTPro), software.
- Experience as a DBA using Oracle 8, 9i, 10G, 11g or 12C database software.
- Must have a valid Government Security Clearance.
- Experience controlling and coordinating changes to the database, including the deletion of records, changes to the existing records, and additions to the database.
- Experience developing and documenting ERP functional, business, and/or system requirements specifications.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.