Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37212 - KL
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking an IT Manager for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The IT Manager will be responsible for the support, development, and enhancement of the IT Infrastructure to support the applications and business processes required by the organization. He/she will advise and provide IT solutions that will help the business grow and perform efficiently. This includes the following:
- Manage, maintain, install, and configure physical and virtual network infrastructure components
- Plan, oversee, execute, report on and complete IT project(s) within defined scope and budget
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain IT policies and procedures
- Maintain system documentation such as network diagrams, system configurations, installation instructions, SOPs, etc.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Ensure adherence to IT standards such as ITIL and best practices as they relate to the IT infrastructure
- Work closely with internal departments to communicate priorities, concerns, resolve issues, and ensure on-time delivery of IT solutions. Propose corrective actions to prevent recurrence of issues
- Act as a key stakeholder in an ongoing technology modernization effort for the organization
- Manage and maintain IT assets, including inventory of all computers and related peripheral equipment.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support for multiple locations and time zones
- Manage the purchase of software, hardware, contract renewals. Research new technologies and applications to meet corporate needs.
- Research and provide recommendations on hardware and software requirements (purchase, migration, upgrade, etc). Research new technologies and applications to meet corporate needs.
- Communicate clear job expectations and department goals
- Act as a key member and manager of the Service Desk team to ensure a high level of customer service
- Train and mentor IT staff to develop technical expertise
- Develop and maintain IT operating budget
- Remain current on relevant technologies and trends
- University or College Degree in a technical discipline OR equivalent related experience
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience performing Network and System administration
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in an Infrastructure Management and Manager role.
- Experience with VMWare, storage area networks (SAN)
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Excellent communication skills, bilingualism is considered a definite asset.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Certifications awarded by Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, VMWare, or ITIL are considered strong assets
- Strong organizational skills and good business acumen
Must have a minimum of an Enhanced Reliability security clearance, with the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance.