Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37151 - EH
Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking an Image Processing Software Engineer for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
As an Intermediate Software Engineer, you will provide software maintenance and support services to DND for all operational simulation units permanently installed at three sites. This work will also include support for the test unit installed at Carleton University in the National Capital Region.
The successful candidate shall deliver the following:
- Updated source code in the form of fault patches as necessary;
- Any changes made to software documentation, user documentation, and training packages.
- Up-to-date repository listings, including an annual inventory; and
- Monthly Issue Report.
The successful candidate will also perform software maintenance and support. This work shall include:
- Assist operational staff with rework and retesting of software testing scenarios;
- Documentation updates;
- Updates to training materials, including the on-line integrated information and learning environment training package for IOS operators; and
- Offsite software backup on an external hard drive of the software each time a software patch or modification is rolled out.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or better in Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics, with Modeling and Simulation courses.
- A minimum of three (3) years in the past five (5) years designing, coding, and testing C++ and Java programming in a modeling and simulation environment
- A minimum of four (4) years in the past ten (10) years working in a Microsoft, and Unix or Linux operating system environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years in the past five (5) years developing HLA compliant simulation systems.
- A minimum of four (4) years in the past ten (10) years working with Image Generation and display systems.
- A minimum of two project references from previous clients is required where the candidate performed software development or maintenance duties in the past ten (10) years is considered an asset.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.