Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for an Art Director to join ADGA’s growing team! The Art Director reports to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications. He/she is responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of all production of graphic and multimedia materials that will help grow and further define the ADGA Group’s brand in this transformation and growth period for the company. In addition, this position will be responsible for the design of all branding materials (logo, business card, and letterhead design, webpage layout) as well as various print and web applications (advertising, promotional & collateral material, brochures, and signage). The incumbent must have a sound understanding of business, and the ability to problem solve and work on multiple tasks to tight deadlines without compromising quality. The ability to read, interpret and communicate essential and key elements/messages of a strategic plan and thought leadership is key to success in this role.
The Art Director is a self-starter who works with the support of the CEO and, in large part, works independently to achieve the goals and objectives of the Division as directed by Senior Management. He/she will work closely with external suppliers to ensure Branding goals and objectives are met on a timely and cost efficient manner. He/she must ensure that he/she works in accordance with the values of the Corporation: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality, working in an ethical and professional manner, building knowledge and acting in a responsible and equitable manner at all times.
The role is a busy one, and positioned for advancement in alignment with the corporation, which is experiencing growth.
- Provide ADGA with a structured process of the rebranding program
- Lead the rebranding process and deliver on the execution of the rebranding program
- Build creative strategies that align with the ADGA Group’s brand
- Conceptualization and execution of design, layout, and formatting of print/digital media
- Design and execute final artwork for branding and signage (logo, business card design, letterhead, etc.)
- Create graphics and visual images for the ADGA Group’s web and social properties, graphical and visual elements, email marketing, and a wide range of printed collateral
- Provide desktop publishing for the ADGA Group’s printed or electronic publications
- Research and provide recommendations based on industry best practices and consumer trends
- Source stock photographs and images
- Review design proofs for errors before printing or publishing
- Plan and manage production schedules and workflow for the design process
- Provide high-quality client service to meet internal client needs and interests through brainstorming sessions and mock-up design reviews
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders for exchange of information and an understanding of corporate direction
- Identify and engage with design and production subcontractors as needed in order to identify assets for the ADGA Group
- Ensure all requests for graphic design are processed in a timely manner, and that all timelines are met
- Manage the activities of the Communication Officer and provide support and guidance as required
- Develop and maintain an internal repository of templates, graphical assets, and other materials needed to maintain websites, printed material, and/or any other marketing/internal collateral affected by the rebranding
- Other tasks as directed
- A university degree, or college diploma, in Graphic Design or Multimedia Design, or a discipline related to a particular subject matter
- At least 10 years of multi-media design in a fast-paced organization with multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of design, communications, branding, journalism strategies, and concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe, Illustrator Suite, and the ability to learn new software where required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both official languages
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities for senior managers, and multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions
- Bilingualism is essential
- Secret Level II
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.