Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing daily support to various departments along with general office administration duties including the preparation of correspondence, reports, statements, and other material. This person will coordinate travel arrangements, greet clients, schedule meetings, plan events, answer telephones as well as verify, record and process forms/ documents such as contracts and requisitions. The Administrative Assistant will perform general clerical duties according to the established procedures and assist other members of the team as required.
Provide administrative support through:
- Serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answering, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls and providing basic information, responding to intercom and visitors, sending out courier packages
- Receiving and sorting daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Assisting in the creation, preparation and/or update of various reports
- Reconciling courier invoices and statements as required
- Completing the kitchen calendar and distributing it on a monthly basis
- Maintaining security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Unlocking and locking reception area on a daily basis
- Providing administrative support to various departments, which includes but not limited to research, reporting and scheduling events
- Composing, preparing and typing letters, memorandums, reports or other types of documentation
- Supporting new employees and consultants (including the setting up work station assignments) as required
- Managing the ADGA event calendar, and liaise with stakeholders as required
- Coordinating corporate meetings, ensuring that conference rooms are booked and coffee and catering services are provided when requested
- Coordinating travel arrangements and making amendments as required and be pro-active to accommodate travel requirements.
- Assist as a part of the Health and Safety committee
Facility Management Duties:
- Coordinate the ADGA Facility Management electronic ticket system to ensure all requests are logged and forwarded to the Facility Coordinator
- Parking management
- Respond to emergency situations or other issues involving the facility and ensure they are addressed by the Facility Coordinato
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, services providers
Support departments including HR, Recruiting, Marketing & Communications, Contracts & Finance.
Experience and skills
- At least 3+ years of administrative experience.
- Strong knowledge of administrative procedures normally acquired through formal education in business administration, and proven work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced technical proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities for senior managers and multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of a College Diploma in business administration or a related subject or a combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.
- English mandatory and French highly recommended (Read/Write/Speak)
- Have an Enhanced Reliability security clearance, with the ability to obtain a secret clearance
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.