Project Approval Technical Writer / Int PM
Reference Number: 3560-NB
Company: ADGA Group Consultants Inc.Description:
A Project Manager is needed to develop the approval documents necessary for our Client to proceed with the implementation of a project. These approval documents consist of, but are not limited to, a Business Case, a Project Charter, and a Project Management Plan. The project subject to approval consists of the implementation of a new updated corporate-level Project Management Methodology that will become the Client’s management standard once completed.
- Hold meetings with the Client (at the Client’s premises in the Montreal region) to understand the requirements, report on progress, and consult with the Client’s Project Management Office.
- Familiarize with and analyse the Client’s existing project management related policies and templates, and search for other relevant sources as required.
- Develop a Project Business Case, based on the Client’s provided template.
- Develop a Project Charter based on the Client’s provided template.
- Develop a Project Management Plan based on the Client’s provided template.
- Fill out a Project Complexity and Risk Assessment (PCRA) analysis.
- Develop other material (e.g. presentations) in support of the Client’s project approval process.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience performing Project Management related work in at least 7 of the 9 Project Management knowledge areas as defined by the PMI (ref PMBOK).
- Experience writing and being responsible for Project type work documents (ex: approval documents, project plans, TBS submissions etc.) and for Corporate type work documents. In particular, experience with project documents developed during the Initiation and Planning phases of a project (e.g. Business Case, Project Charter, Risk Assessments, Project Management Plan) is a strong advantage.
- Management experience on Canadian Government Projects, in the Space, Aeronautic or Military sectors is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Canadian federal (Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS)) policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing, administrating project management policies and procedures.
- Experience with Canadian and international government Risk Management (RM) policies, practices, procedures including knowledge and/or experience with TBS Integrated RM framework.
- Experience in industry in RM at Corporate/ Enterprise levels.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing, administrating Corporate/ Enterprise RM.
- Experience of analysis techniques related to budget, schedule, other project plans of major project, including cost management and techniques.
- Experience in systems engineering.
- Project Management University degree preferred.
- Active PMP certification preferred.
- Quality Systems qualifications (6 Sigma, TQM, ISO etc.) preferred.
- Bilingualism is preferred.
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance.
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date Posted: September 20, 2013